Tuesday 24 May 2011

Lovers of Bromley

I write this in furious haste. Gentle reader I need your help

I have been contacted by the B.E.S. (Bromley Exploration Society) in Cairo who have heard of the proposed development and are even now organising a petition. They are sending a letter via e-mail to various members of the B.E.S. around Egypt

Dear Bromley Lovers

Please sign this petition to stop the extension of the Tiny Tots Nursery further into the playing field at the back of the houses in Bourne Road. There might be the remains of an Anglo-Saxon village underneath it. Or maybe an unexploded bomb from World War II. A child may have even have found an ammonite there. Maybe.
I have been there once with my metal detector and found 37p in 1979, back when it was quite a lot of money.
We don’t need more places for children to learn in the area. There are enough in North Bromley.

If you like me are a Lover of Bromley, please sign this petition,

Egyptian Man.

Of much less interest, I also received this e-mail:

Hello My Friends who love Egypt,

Please take a moment to sign the petition to stop development along
the northern shore of Lake Qarun in the Fayoum. There are too many
understudied fossils, prehistoric villages, ancient Egyptian, Greek,
and Roman ruins in the area. We do not need tourist villages in the
area. The southern shore has plenty.

I have explored the region for over thirty years and know that what
we find here may rewrite what we know of man on earth and
definately man along the Nile.

It was from an American lady, I can not be bothered to include further details.

One of these may be genuine. I'm not sure which.

No comments:

Post a Comment